Assistant Director of Inclusion and Engagement
Reporting to the Dean for Diversity, Inclusion and Student Engagement, the Assistant Director serves as a key member of the Division of Student Affairs. The Assistant Director of Inclusion and Engagement will assist the Dean and affiliated staff with the planning and implementation of all programs and services provided by the Office. Additionally, the Assistant Director is responsible for providing support to the multicultural, religious, social justice, gender and sexual identity organizations. To achieve our mission as a liberal arts college, we continually strive to foster an inclusive campus community, which recognizes the value of all persons regardless of identity. The Office of Inclusion and Engagement is committed to contributing to an educational environment that is rich with cultural, social, and intellectual diversity. STATUS: Full-time, 12 month, With Benefits WORK HOURS: 8:30-4:30 Monday-Friday with frequent evening and weekend hours FLSA: Exempt MINIMUM PAY: $51,577 annually Essential and Related Functions:
- Contributes to the day-to-day operations of the Office of Inclusion and Engagement.
- In coordination with the Dean or Vice President for Student Affairs, performs research and analysis on special and related projects.
- In the absence of and in conjunction with the Dean, represents the OIE at university events and special programs. Assists in the planning, design, marketing, execution and assessment of campus-wide programs, events, cultural celebrations and community service endeavors.
- Works with administrators, faculty and students across campus to identify and develop opportunities for diversity-based conversations and forums.
- Assists with diversity and inclusion trainings for members of our campus community. Researches and analyzes topics, methods and techniques for group trainings to develop engaging presentations.
- Supervises and coordinates the activities of the OIE Student Work-study staff.
- Collaborates with campus constituents to provide support for diverse communities.
- Serves on university committees as assigned.
- Additional related duties as assigned.